Saturday, December 5, 2009

Why do so many 30 somethings think the new Star Wars trilogy suck?

I think the new SW were very well done. Yes, Lucas laid the political back story way to heavy but it was needed for ';Sith';. I think a lot of the people my age don't like the new ones do to age and not remembering what it was like to be a kid and, yes, Jar Jar blows. Seeing my children react to the new films and I realize that I had the same response when I was their ages and the original SW's came out.Why do so many 30 somethings think the new Star Wars trilogy suck?
I think you answered your own question when you talked about how your own kids reacted to the movie. Our generation grew up with the old Star Wars flicks- films which were so new and amazing to us when we first saw them. Plus, watching the new and the old back to back, I have to say that I kind of miss the old way of doing special effects- mini-sets and the like. Todays films are so digital it can sometimes take away the magic. But, nevertheless, Lucas is still a genius.Why do so many 30 somethings think the new Star Wars trilogy suck?
I remember seeing the first in the thearters back in 77' I liked all 3, then the new 3 came out and I liked them too....yeah im 30 something...late 30 something, but I like them all. My favorite will always be the first one.
yeah No Magic....All garbage....also We grew up with these characters in a time when Star Wars didn't have much in the way of competion..no internet, no anime, few video games....etc. It started the GEEK ERA for most....We LIVED Star Wars..We grew up imagining how it would end...what would happen to these great characters....It would all start and end as WE wanted it..





LUCAS GAVE A DEFINITIVE AND FINAL BLOW TO OUR CHILDHOOD IMAGINATIONS...THAT'S WHY
i think as a kid then you'l get drawn into the explosions and the fantastical characters. I don't dislike the new films although it's very close witht he 1st one, jar jar is appalling and the effects are not all that good. ButI think allthe star wars films are about excapism. It's harder when your an adult to just let yourself go and dive into the films like you did as a kid. I don't think people are comparing the films as much as they are comparing their own feelings to the 70's and now.





Plus any film that has as much hype about it as Star Wars can never live up to expectation, making everyone pretty disappointed
Because when we were younger and seen Star Wars for the first time, it was the coolest thing around. Even though you could see strings and the characters were in costumes, that is what made it so cool. The whole look of no computers, and all actors was great. The only thing I didn't like about the new ones, was all the computer generated stuff. Especially, when you know what should and shouldn't be in the movie.
I didn't care fore them compared to the original 3 SW movies but I am far from being 30 something. My best guess would be that there was an over reliance on CGI verses imagination on the part of the audience.Remember when SW came out in what...1977? The FX were out standing for that time period but there was still alot left to the viewer's imagination. Considering all of the trinkets and attachments they used on their very limited budget in the 1st film.
I'm a forty-something %26amp; the first 3 films sucked too. Unless youre a kid - that's what they are: kid's movies.
Some of us feel that the technology in telling the story superceded the story itself





Also, it seemed to force in a story to make it connect with the other parts and many aspects were under-explained or just set up to be accepted, period.





Personlayy, I think it lacked the magic
Because they do.





The new starwars (4, 5, and 6 ) are yoo advanced.





Look back at 1,2 and 3. The hair cuts looked like late 70's early 80's cos they were !!!





The new films are too advanced.





I have not watched any of the ';new'; film's %26amp; never will.
because crap like Jar Jar Jinks that make a buffoon mockery of the Star Wars story and was unconvincingly modeled to be with the real actors and was a complete idiot.


The first trilogy were better written and the effects were more convincing than blindingly obvious bog standard CG pasted on effects used in the latter trilogy.


The Phantom Menace was awful and tacky even George Lucas admitted that it had to get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses