Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Bartimeus Trilogy?

Has anyone read them?





I am currently readig them and am at the beginning of Part Two.





If you have read them what are your thoughts?


If you have not had the fortunate pleasure of reading them I strongly suggest them.The Bartimeus Trilogy?
I read them. My thoughts are that they were a little on the dark side for me. Not a lot of hope in them. I also got irritated with the characters, particularly with Bartimaeus and Nathaniel and how they treated each other. I found that it drove me up the wall that my two favorite characters despised each other. I also didn't like the way Nathaniel changed, and what he turned into, in the second book. I have never wanted to strangle a character more. But on the other hand, I found the plot incredibly intriguing, and I really liked any of the scenes with Bartimaeus. The conflict between B and N finally resolved, as did the conflict with Kitty and Nathaniel. All in all, I found it a satisfying read, although I was emotionally exhausted after reading them, not only because I would empathize with the characters, but because I got upset with them. I can't wait to see what Jonathan Stroud writes next.The Bartimeus Trilogy?
I found the ghost of Gladstone hilarious....apart from that there was nothing much to remember.
there great, may i also suggest you read artimis fowl by eion colfer? and the 'lightning thief'
i liked them. bartimeus is so funny and smart. i loved the third one. at the end i was like omg, that can't have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses