Friday, December 11, 2009

Ted Dekker's books... Circle Trilogy and Blink?

I really want to start reading Ted Dekker's books, I've heard they were really interesting, but I don't know which one to start reading.





Should I read the Circle Trilogy first? (I heard that there's more than three books to the sequel, so it's not a trilogy?) If so, what is the order of the books in the series?





Or should I read Blink first and why?





Also, if you could add in a brief summary for the books, that would be so awesome.


Thanks in advance!Ted Dekker's books... Circle Trilogy and Blink?
I've heard quite a lot about Ted Dekker's books because my mom's been reading them. He's one of her favorite authors and more than once I've been tempted to pick one up on my own. Even though I've never actually read them myself, I thought I'd help you out to the best of my abilities because it's hard to get an answer to a question that's not about a popular author/book.





---------------------------------





Blink was originally published in 2003 but it was re-released in 2007 under the title 'Blink of an Eye' with new content.





Summary: Seth Borders (the main protagonist in the story) is a college student who has one of the world's highest IQs. One day he discovers that he possesses a tremendous skill: the ability to see multiple possible futures. It first manifests itself only a few seconds at a time and gradually exponentiates into an ability to see millions of possibilities that could happen hours and days later. Little does Seth know that when he is thrown together with an Arabian princess, Miriam Al-Asamm, who flees her country to escape oppression, he will soon have the adventure of his life as together they explore the truth about Islam, Christianity, and Seth's gift of Precognition while running for their lives.





---------------------------------





The Circle Trilogy seems slightly more involved than 'Blink'. It's true that it's no longer a trilogy, it's a series. The fourth book, 'Green', is coming out September 1, 2009 which happens to be in a few days. 'Green' is being called Book 0 because it's a prequel to the series. (Think The Hobbit to Lord of the Rings.) Ted Dekker himself has said that you can either read 'Green' first or last and it wouldn't matter but it is the last book in the series.





Short summaries for all four books can be found here: http://www.teddekker.com/green/





When you arrive at the website, after the short introduction that you can just skip, click 'Circle Series' at the top to take you straight to the summaries.





---------------------------------





As to whether you should read 'Blink' or The Circle Series first, it might be a good idea to read 'Blink' to see if you like the author before you get into the series. To me, the series sounds more captivating though.





I hope this helps.Ted Dekker's books... Circle Trilogy and Blink?
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/ted-dekker/








All of the books he has written with summaries and other info... its a great site maybe it can help you it has helped me find out about books a lot in the past.





I say start with blink because when you start to read the others it's kind of circluare as in the books interconnect with each other, the circle trilogy and the lost books as well as a link to skin also the paradise books fit in there too. so start with one of the others first unless you have time to get captured into the series. I like all of his books personally.





All the best trilogy's come in fours....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses