Saturday, December 5, 2009

Where does the Matrix Trilogy rank in your opinion of Sci-Fi movies?

The first movie broke molds, the second one confused many and the third's domestic gross didn't even match the production budget.





Where do you think the Matrix Trilogy ranks in the history of sci-fi movies? Do you love it or hate it? Do you think the last 2 movies ruined what could have been or do you love 'Reloaded' and 'Revolutions'?Where does the Matrix Trilogy rank in your opinion of Sci-Fi movies?
I think only the first would be the one highly regarded among the best. It's a classic. The concept was something that had never been done before and it's still one of my best theater experiences, ever. As for the sequels, I'm one of the few people who liked both of them, but at the same time, by Revolutions, I didn't really care for Neo anymore and Smith quickly became a favorite of mine, thanks to Hugo Weaving.Where does the Matrix Trilogy rank in your opinion of Sci-Fi movies?
You guys hit the nail on the head. The first one was fantastic. The plot was excellent and the characters were believable. After that though, it was just special effects chaos with a matrix title. I couldn't even watch them all the way through.





I believe the first matrix ranks in at least the top 5 sci-fi titles in my book. It's hard to beat out some of the Star Wars movies. They were just to damned good.
The Matrix Trilogy will be considered a classic by many. The movies were filmed over a period of many years nonstop. Notice the color scheme turn a little more green over the course of the 3 movies. It's in reference to hope. I recently picked up a book entitled ';The Matrix and Philosophy'; and found it interesting to see the similarities in the movie pertaining to real life on many levels.
They should have left it alone with the first one which was AWESOME!





Yeah, I agree, the sequels just ruined the franchise and confused everybody.
The first definitely revolutionized movie-making and was totally kick-***. The second and third were not as good as the first but I still enjoyed both very much. Regardless of much or little the trilogy made, it is still one of the greatest trilogies in history. By the way...I'm sure I'm one of the few that think this but Lord of the Rings sucked!
I would rank it higher than most, but if you include fantasy films in the sci-fi genre, then the Lord of the Rings is tops. Followed by the Matrix trilogy, the Alien series, the first Star Wars trilogy, the Indiana Jones trilogy, and the Spider-man trilogy. Granted, the first Matrix film was perhaps the best sci-fi film ever. Personally, I liked the other films, too, though not nearly as much as the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses