Saturday, December 5, 2009

Why did every1 hate Jar Jar Binks in the FIRST Star Wars Trilogy?

As c3po said ';I found him to be odd';. Maybe I was high but the first time I saw it he had me rolling. I know it's all voice %26amp; CGI but his voice %26amp; demeanor was hilarious %26amp; the claims of racism are SO false Mesa done now!Why did every1 hate Jar Jar Binks in the FIRST Star Wars Trilogy?
He was seen as being overly cute, unneeded comic relief, added solely to appeal to kids, and a sign that Lucas was possibly going off of the deep end.





Personally, I think that even though he's dumb, obnoxious, and frequently a danger to those around him, he IS funny. And there's always room for humor in Star Wars ... even in the darker movies such as The Empire Strikes Back and Revenge of the Sith.Why did every1 hate Jar Jar Binks in the FIRST Star Wars Trilogy?
Maybe it's because he's the comic relief, and in live-action films, that's usually the black guy. I assume it was mostly black people and liberals who got upset. Others might not care.
I loved him...you're right, he was totally amusing and that funny way he moved...racism? OMG, the world is a strange place when we can assign racial identities to fictitious beings...
I didn't hate him.....I guess in the movie everyone thought he was dumb
i didnt i thought he was cute and funny but everyone i know thinks his stupid and annoying which i don't understand i thought he was cool
I love Jar Jar, as does my best friend! When we go to conventions or road trips, there is at least one point that we drop into Binks-talk.





I, too, believe the racism bit is ridiculous. Anymore, practically anything and everything gets accused of being about race. How tiring! I even heard an accusation about the Aliens and especially the Alien Queen! OMG!





Jar Jar and his people are just a different type of alien. They're colorful, interesting and funny. With Brian Blessed's voice for Boss Nass, it made me think of the Hawkmen of ';Flash Gordon'; (1980); he played the leader there, too, all boisterous and effusive.





By the way, I've never been high and don't think you need to be to find Jar Jar Binks funny!
what a horrible film that was.
I thought he was funny. But I was eleven, and easily amused.
I disliked Jar Jar and just about anything else having to do with the prequels because Lucas ruined my childhood ;0(





The prequels in no way fit with the established vision of the starwars universe. Episodes IV V %26amp; VI for the most part, were well, smartly written stories that had wide appeal through all age groups. Where Episodes I %26amp; II seemed to be exclusively written for children, as is evident with Jar Jar. He was just a baphoon of a character that had no business being in the starwars universe.





Then you have episode III, where Lucas tried to make it incredibly dark just because of the backlash from the last two episodes. Although Luca did create the starwars universe, the major flaw of the prequels were the fact that Lucas directed them, unlike the first trilogy were Lucas was only one of the writers and executive producer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses