Thursday, June 24, 2010

What's so great about the'; Cairo Trilogy'; ???

Palace Walk


Palace of Desire


Sugar StreetWhat's so great about the'; Cairo Trilogy'; ???
I found them to be a great trilogy of life in Cairo at that time.It was these novels by Naguib Mahfouz that made me realise that Egypt did in fact have some great contemporary authors.


I have since read almost all of his books and even went and had a coffee in the coffee house near the American University where he was shot.


I actually call our house in Luxor, Palace of Desire on Sugar Street lol!


We live at the end of a tiny street that is not officially named.What's so great about the'; Cairo Trilogy'; ???
I have no idea
sugar street


cuz I'm sugar with a lot of honey
you have to read it to understand .
it was a very accurate representation of the Egyptian society at the time. the characters are very alive and the topics tackled are so immersed in the Egyptian society. the fact that it's very local is what actually makes it that important.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses