Thursday, June 24, 2010

Discussion: Bartimaeus Trilogy?

I just finished Ptolemy's Gate, I thought it was a fantastic trilogy, fantastic ending (although sad), and I'm wondering why it hasn't been made into a movie yet?





What are your thoughts on the Trilogy?Discussion: Bartimaeus Trilogy?
I thought they were very well written.





I too had trouble with the first book, but I think that was because the main character is hard to like. For me, this was redeemed and the journey he made from book one to book three made the ending all the more poignant. The first book has a point to make that makes the ending more meaningful. I saw this as a redemption story.





It may make a good film, but I have a pet hate of books being made into films, they usually trash them. I mean Eragon!?! No wonder the film option got dropped. The only exemption to this rule has so far been the Harry Potter films, but even then i was shouting at the screen about inconsistencies and changes ';He didn't say that! So and so did';





I guess when you love something it is hard when someone changes it. And books evoke very strong images of characters and events if they are written well. There is nothing worse than seeing someone else's interpretation and it being totally different, or when they miscast a character.





As for why it hasn't been made into a film, I would guess either the rights haven't been sold, or the books are just not popular enough in the rand scheme of things, i.e, they won't make enough money from it.Discussion: Bartimaeus Trilogy?
Yeah, I really liked the first book, so I read the second and third, and I absolutely love them!





It would be great if someone could turn them into a movie.
I only got past the first one. Couldn't really get into it. Is it worth interupting my busy reading schedule just to try this book again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses