Thursday, June 24, 2010

Star Wars fans, which changes in the original trilogy bother you?

Do all of them, none of them or some of them? None of them bother me except for (of course) Greedo shooting at Han in ';A New Hope';! I think all of the other changes are greatly enhanced for the better. What do you think?Star Wars fans, which changes in the original trilogy bother you?
I do agree with you that the Greedo/Han scene was changed for the worse, but i did not find that the most annoying.





Also the scene with changing the force ghost to the figure of hayden Christenson, I think was a nice touch, rather than an annoying change. While yes I would have been upset if Alec Guinness was replaced with Ewan McGregor(although Ewan McGregor was an excellent choice for a young Obi-Wan), it's hardly the same thing at all. Alec Guinness had appeared in all three films in some form (whether in life, or as a force ghost) and so we know exactly how Obi-Wan looked as he aged and Alec Guinness has a legitimate presence in that spot. However the last time Anakin looked anything resembling human, was how he looked in Episode III before his body was destroyed by the fires of Mustafar. --wow apparently I rant as well, lol





Anyways the most annoying added scene was the abysmal addition to Return of the Jedi in Jabba's Palace when for some reason they added a musical scene, with jabba's singer's and dancers. I am more than a little angry that now when i want to watch MY FAVORITE movie of the entire star wars franchise on dvd, I am forced to suffer through this scene. Other than that the changes do not necessarily bother me that much, however i still feel the movies would have been best left alone.Star Wars fans, which changes in the original trilogy bother you?
Obviously, I'm hugely in agreement that Greedo shooting first is a major joke that totally ruins one of the best introductions to any character in the history of film.





Sorry - I rant. To answer your question: some of the alien characters in the Cantina scene were altered and/or removed. That really peeved me.





Also - and I meant to answer your previous question about this, at least I think it was you - I do not at all like that young Anakin (Hayden) replaces old Anakin in the final scene of ROTJ. The fans would have gone NUTS if Alec Guiness had been replaced by Ewan McGregor. I think I remember this being done only when the Special Editions were released on DVD - even before Episode II premiered. It was officially the first time Hayden portrayed Anakin Skywalker - in a DVD easter egg. That should have told us something. Now that is all we see when ROTJ is on TV... or should I say SpikeTV. Lame - there's another complaint. Remember when the Trilogy was a holiday staple on the major cable stations?





OK. Rants complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses