Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I loved Robin Hobb's farsee trilogy?

But I didn't like the first book about those ships. I am vaguely aware that she has another trilogy happening and it was #1 in Australia's best sellers list. ANy comments. Is it a flop or a great read?I loved Robin Hobb's farsee trilogy?
Oh I am totally obsessed with the Farseer Trilogy! I'm reading it for the second time right now. I was the same, I didn't get into the first Liveship book but you should stick it out because it's a really good series (and if you're like me, you'll be very excited to come across a favourite character from the farseer trilogy).





It took me until about half way through the second book to get into it, but then I loved it and couldn't put it down. And although it's not necessary to read them to understand the Tawny Man trilogy which goes back to Fitz and the Fool, it does fill in a few gaps - especially concerning the character that is in all three trilogies. And the character development in the Liveship trilogy is fantastic - you'll find yourself loving people you hated to start with, and discovering great new facets to the characters all the time.





I'm sorry that really didn't answer your question - I have read some reviews of the new trilogy starting with the book Shaman's Crossing and they are not glowing. They said it was a bit dull and not as good as her previous work. I really do recommend sticking it out with the Liveship series and then reading the Tawny Man trilogy - most people think that each series gets better than the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
viruses